Welcome to the Energy Scale Ups podcast — brought to you on the Oil and Gas Global Network by Halliburton Labs.
This week Jose Soliz provides some insight into a few common problems that scaleups face, along with possible solutions and some recruiting tips going into the new year. Also, a brief overview of three companies developing new energy technology that looks promising.
Three common problems that scaleups face with possible solutions.
Misalignment of departments
- Problem = data silos
- Solution = Increase f2f time between team leaders, sync tech tools for transparency, & implement cross-department projects.
Early-stage team members are no longer happy.
- Problem = loss of connectivity or transparency from leadership
- Solution = Increase communications, but also accept that some employees are more adept to the startup culture versus the corporate.
A 2x increase in budget has not produced 2x results.
- Problem = Co. spent 2x as last year, but the results are not on par.
- Solution = gradually scale to prevent disruption or slow down and identify and remediate the root causes.
Three Recruiting tips for 2022
Optimize the careers page on your company website to improve the candidate experience.
- Include short videos or audio (podcast style) to highlight employees, hobbies, etc.
Expand channels to include Veterans, Returning Mothers, Students Preparing to Graduate from community colleges and universities.
- Administer a battery of tests related to the position that will help you gauge the candidate’s ability to perform the duties. Allow them to use resources that would generally be available to them if they were working as their creative ability will give you insight into their problem-solving skills.
Build out your company’s social media presence and allow current employees to have fun and show it off at work.
- All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
- Company events, holiday parties, practical jokes, etc.…all make good content.
Three Interesting Energy Companies to Watch in 2022
- PowerX, Japan — They were transporting offshore wind power to dryland using electric ships.
- Wave Swell Energy, Australia — Proprietary technology converts energy in ocean waves into clean and zero-emission electricity.
- Augwind Energy, Israel — The AirBattery™ energy storage system. This is a combination of pumped hydro and compressed air energy storage, positioned to provide distributed, sustainable, cost-effective energy storage.
PowerX – https://power-x.jp/en/
Wave Swell Energy – https://www.waveswell.com/
Augwind Energy – https://www.aug-wind.com/
Halliburton Labs Constellation – https://hal.villageinsights.com/register/
Register to win our Weekly Giveaway:
More Oil and Gas Global Network Podcasts
OGGN.com – https://oggn.com/podcasts
OGGN Street Team
LinkedIn Group – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12458373/
OGGN on Social
LinkedIn Group | LinkedIn Company Page | Facebook
Get notified each month
Connect with Jose Soliz
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More